Over Four Decades of Experience and Excellent Reputation in Solar Systems Installation
The Highest Quality Solar Systems Installer in Maui
Photovoltaic installations can be installed on both homes and businesses. A system has the potential to produce all of the electricity that is needed...
Solar Hot Water
Traditional water heaters can account for up to 40% of the electric bill. You can eliminate up to 85% of the energy used to heat water with the installation of a solar hot water system. And as of Jan. 1, 2010, solar water heating is a requirement on all new single-family construction.
The benefits of using solar electric and solar hot water systems can include long-term benefits, environmental benefits, long-term investment benefits, and tax benefits.
To view the specific tax benefits available to residents of Hawaii through Federal and State Tax Credits please read on...
Visit our 546-module solar farm that generates and sells power to MECO.
We have provided you with a break-down of the following details for both Photovoltaic and Solar Hot Water Systems:
Solar hot water systems tax incentives:
- The current federal tax bill allows a 30% Federal Energy Tax Credit with a $2,000 cap. Read more...
- Hawaii allows a 35% state tax credit with a cap of $2250. Read more...
- Hawaii Energy offers a $1,250 (thru 06/30/23) rebate for solar hot water installations using a participating contractor.
Photovoltaic tax incentives
Commercial photovoltaic systems:
- 30% Federal Business Energy Tax Credit
- 35% State of Hawaii Energy Conservation Tax Credit
- Federal and State Accelerated Depreciation
Residential photovoltaic systems:
- The current federal tax bill allows a 30% Federal Energy Tax Credit with no cap starting in 2009
- Hawaii allows a 35% state tax credit with a $5,000 cap per system (5KW per system).
Federal Tax Credit - Form 3468 Investment Credit (includes instructions)
State Tax Credit - Form N-342 Renewable Energy Technologies Income Tax Credit
Hawaii uses federal Form 4562 (same as above)