Your Trusted Stop for Solar Solutions & Services
Visit International Power Supply our partner, and their award-winning Exeron that will soon become the first whole house, a non-parallel system that uses the utility as a secondary source of power and will not require utility approval to install. MPS, Inc. & IPS will be bringing this system to the U.S. market.
Photovoltaic installations can be installed on both homes and businesses. A system has the potential to produce all of the electricity that is needed. A photovoltaic system can be “net metered” which will cause your electric meter to spin backward crediting your account with the electric company if more energy is produced from your system than is used.
There are both state and federal tax incentives for installing a system:
- 30% Federal Business Energy Tax Credit
- 35% State of Hawaii Energy Conservation Tax Credit
- Federal and State Accelerated Depreciation
- The current federal tax bill allows a 30% Federal Energy Tax Credit with no cap.
- Hawaii allows a 35% state tax credit with a $ 5K cap per 5KW.
Solar Hot Water
Traditional water heaters can account for up to 40% of the electric bill. You can eliminate up to 85% of the energy used to heat water with the installation of a solar hot water system. In addition to the significant energy savings, Hawaii Energy also offers a one-time $ 750 rebate to qualifying customers who install solar water heaters using participating contractors as part of the Energy Solutions program. And as of January 1st, 2010 solar water heating is a requirement on all new single-family construction.
- The current federal tax bill allows a 30% Federal Energy Tax Credit with no cap. Read more...
- Hawaii allows a 35% state tax credit with a cap of $ 2,250. Read more…
An 80 gallon Solar Water Heater system starts at $ 7,250+ tax (minus the rebate of $ 1,250).
A 120 gallon Solar Water Heater system starts at around $9,100+ tax (minus the rebate of $ 1,250).
To download a copy of a price sheet for solar water heating, click here.
These are pricing samples only.